Spring Dining Room


Our dining room is an area I haven't shared very much because now that we've reworked our main floor layout, we can fit a massive long table that I have yet to build. We've been using two smaller tables pushed together and half our chairs are metal folding chairs. Not exactly award winning design, but it's functional for our large family and for entertaining lots of people which we do pretty often!


We've had some unseasonably warm weather that's been making me dream of all the pretty spring decor and so I threw together a couple looks for our dining room just for fun.


Our dining table is a $40 craigslist find I got when we first moved into our house 5 years ago. I painted the base white and built a new top for it. I also snagged all 4 of these beautiful antique chairs for $60! I painted the legs and backs white and left the seats natural wood.


I'm kind of a one trick pony with the tablescapes. It's always neutral linens, natural greens, florals and wood accents but I like the simplicity and natural feel.


I made both our table runner and cloth napkins out of canvas drop cloth that I bleached. They have this soft, off-white, linen look and feel that I love.


All of my jars and vases I picked up here and there at the thrift store and all of the florals and greenery are from Michaels or Joann's.


The antique Blue Willow vase is one of my favorite thrift store finds to date. I got it for just $3.


Now that we are finishing up on the construction side of things, I've been eager to finally share more of our home. I haven't been doing a lot of decorating since I've been so focused on getting the bigger projects done so its been nice over the last couple of months to move on to the fun, pretty stuff and actually get some decor out!


Majority of what you see in these photos is thrifted or handmade and were items I already had on hand. You don't have to spend a ton of money to make your house beautiful. It just takes a bit of creativity and often just using what you already have!

Comments